WORKSHOP ECOAQUA 2015
European aquaculture offers good quality products, respecting strict environmental sustainability, animal health and consumer protection standards. The excellent quality of EU seafood constitutes a competitive advantage of EU aquaculture. A close cooperation among diverse stakeholders can further improve job creation and competitiveness of the sector. Aquaculture is one of the EU’s Blue Economy Strategy’s pillars and its sustainable development under an Ecosystem Approach can contribute to the European 2020 Strategy.
The Ecoaqua project organises this Workshop at the aquaculture facilities of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria aiming to:
- Analyse the status and issues of Aquaculture in ORs and OCTs
- Define Guidelines to foster the Development of Sustainable Aquaculture under an Ecosystem Approach.
European Outermost regional authorities, scientists involved in aquaculture, environment, or marine special planning; other EU stakeholders concerned with aquaculture development. Representatives of the Caribbean, Indian Ocean and Pacific Overseas Countries and Territories as well as neighbouring countries are potential participants.
The Workshop will focus on the following outcomes:
- Create a platform of interaction between EU and OR / OCT actors involved in aquaculture research and development.
- Exchange of information and networking actions among different stakeholders concerned with Sustainable Aquaculture Development through «face to face» interactive discussions.
- Develop Guidelines on Sustainable aquaculture development under an Ecosystem approach for ORs and OCTs.
WORKSHOP LOCATION: The morning and afternoon sessions will be held at the Scientific and Technological Marine Park of the Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (ULPGC), Taliarte, Gran Canaria, Spain. The building is located near the Taliarte Lighthouse, 10 min. by car / taxi from the Gran Canaria Airport.
Registration fees: a registration fee of 150 € is compulsory for all participants. Please fill up the official Workshop Registration Form. Selected attendants from other ORs and OCTs will be funded by the Ecoaqua ERA Chair project. Please contact the Secretariat for further details.
Secretariat: Ecoaqua Project Office (Dr. G. Courtois de Vicose, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordination:Dr. R. Haroun (IU-EcoAqua / Dr. S. Kaushik (Ecoaqua ERA Chair)
DATE: from Monday 6th to Thursday 9th July 2015